This week at Backyard Huppah, we’re all about hors d’oeuvre receptions, a great option for small weddings. We started with tips for Hors d’Oeuvre Receptions, and all week we’ll be posting hors d’oeuvre recipes for a 40-person reception. The menu will be kosher, and meaty (with vegetarian options), with make-ahead options for couples self-catering their reception.
See the full Hors d’Oeuvres Reception Menu
This tasty chicken salad is easy to make. It spreads easily on small rounds of bread or crackers, or you can bring the style up a notch by making bite-size sandwiches on small, homemade pastry puffs. Tomorrow I’ll post the recipe for choux pastry puffs that you can make ahead and store in the freezer until the wedding day.
Ingredients for Curried Chicken Salad
Salad for 72-80 hors d’oeuvres
- 4 cups (1 pound) cooked white chicken meat
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½-¾ cup parve (non-dairy) mayonnaise
- dash pepper
Instructions for Curried Chicken Salad
- In a large bowl shred the chicken.
- Blend in the curry powder, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise. Start with ½ cup of the mayonnaise and add more as necessary.
- Store up to 1 day in the refrigerator .
Tomorrow: Recipe for choux puffs, a great base for all kinds of hors d’oeuvres…
√ See the full Hors d’Oeuvres Reception Menu…