Continuing our celebration of pomegranate wedding details, this is a recipe for pomegranate and pear salad; great for an autumn or winter wedding. The recipe and photo were shared by JPMJ on allrecipes.com.
Ingredients for Pomegranate and Pear Salad
- 12 cups green leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 4 Bartlett or Anjou pear
- 1 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ground black pepper to taste
- Divide the lettuce between two bowls. Halve and core the pear, then cut each half in slices. Divide the pear slices and pomegranate seeds among the two bowls and mix gently.
- Combine the vegetable oil, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, mustard, honey, and pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the dressing thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour the warm dressing over the salads and serve.
Make Ahead Option
You can make the dressing the day before. Refrigerate until ready to use. Reheat before using.