This dip accompanies the haddock fish cakes in the royal wedding canape reception menu. You can also serve it with crudites. The recipe comes from the Rancho La Puerta spa in Baja, Mexico.
Ingredients for Pea Guacamole
- 1 cup frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 1 medium Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into ¼ -inch dice
- ½ red or sweet onion, cut into ⅛-inch dice
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Instructions for Pea Guacamole
- In a blender or in the bowl of a food processor, process the peas until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork or potato masher. Add the juice, tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Add the peas and mix well.
- If the guacamole won’t be served immediately, press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent browning.