Presenting our full kosher-fied version of the canape reception menu from Will and Kate’s royal wedding day, with recipes.
This makes a great menu for an hors d’oeuvre reception or for the cocktail hour before dinner. We’ve pared the number of canapes down to nine, a good number for a 40-person reception, and the quantities given are for a 40-person reception. There’s a nice selection here of savory and sweet, meat and parve, non-dairy and vegan, tasty and tastier.
Most of the recipes have friendly make-ahead options for a self-catered affair, though you will need kitchen and serving help on the day.
Kosher Royal Wedding Canapè Reception Menu
Click the links for the recipes:
- Roast Duck and Fruit Chutney on Fruit-Nut Bread (Meat) (In the original royal wedding menu, it’s Pressed Duck Terrine with Fruit Chutney)
- Poached Asparagus with Lemon Sauce for Dipping (Parve) (In the original: Hollondaise Sauce)
- Quails Eggs with Celery Salt (Parve)
- Wild Mushroom Phyllo Triangles (Parve, Vegan) (In the original: Wild Mushroom and Celeriac Chausson)
- Haddock Fishcake with Pea Guacamole (Parve)
- Individual Yorkshire Puddings with Roast Beef and Horseradish Sauce (Meat)
- Gateau Opera (Parve)
- Mini Orange Almond Cakes with Raspberries (Parve) (In the original: Raspberry Financier)
- Chocolate Bourbon Truffles (Parve) (In the original: Dark Chocolate Ganache Truffle)