As the resident baker in the Bywater family, I recommend these chili chocolate cupcakes for a wedding cupcake buffet (or a great dessert for your Mom’s birthday). Also, I’m told they go well with champagne.
(What was the best cupcake flavor you ever had? Share it in the comment section!)
For the chili chocolate cupcakes, start with Devil’s food chocolate cupcakes from a mix, then add this chili chocolate icing:
Chili Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
- 4 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
Baking tip: When baking the cupcakes, fill the cupcake pan liners a little more than 2/3 full. You’ll only get 20 cupcakes instead of 24, but the cupcakes will be a nicer size.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, cinnamon, chili powder, vanilla, and cayenne pepper. Beat until fluffy.
- Add bittersweet chocolate and beat until blended.