Happy anniversary, Will and Kate. To celebrate, I’m reposting Backyard Huppah’s kosher-fied version of the canapè reception Queen Elizabeth hosted for the royal couple following their wedding — and I’ve included recipes.
You can use this menu for your own hors d’oeuvre reception or cocktail hour. We’ve pared the number of canapes down from 23 to nine, creating a nice selection of savory and sweet, meat and parve, non-dairy and vegan. Most of the recipes have friendly make-ahead options for a self-catered affair for forty people, though you will need kitchen and serving help on the day.
If you’re feeling really nostalgic for the royal wedding, take a look back at William and Kate’s original wedding day canape reception menu.
Kosher Royal Wedding Canapè Reception Menu
Follow the links to the recipes:
- Roast Duck and Fruit Chutney on Fruit-Nut Bread (Meat) (In the original royal wedding menu, it’s Pressed Duck Terrine with Fruit Chutney)
- Poached Asparagus with Lemon Sauce for Dipping (Parve) (In the original: Hollondaise Sauce)
- Quails Eggs with Celery Salt (Parve)
- Wild Mushroom Phyllo Triangles (Parve, Vegan) (In the original: Wild Mushroom and Celeriac Chausson)
- Haddock Fishcake with Pea Guacamole (Parve)
- Individual Yorkshire Puddings with Roast Beef and Horseradish Sauce (Meat)
- Gateau Opera (Parve)
- Mini Orange Almond Cakes with Raspberries (Parve) (In the original: Raspberry Financier)
- Chocolate Bourbon Truffles (Parve) (In the original: Dark Chocolate Ganache Truffle)