Cake and mason jars — two wedding staples that come together to create a lot of fun. You can find recipes for different flavors of jar cupcakes around, but Sarah Jill offers one of the most colorful and simple versions. Six-ounce mason jars would yield a nice serving size for a backyard wedding. Thanks, Sarah Jill!
Tag Archives: wedding cake recipes
Small weddings don’t need big dessert buffets. Simple can be celebratory. Start by choosing a wedding cake with personality. Then add a second, complimentary dessert to the plate. Think seasonal fruits, home made ice-creams, sherbert, refined cookies, and the many manifestations of chocolate.
Consider these wedding dessert matches made in heaven:
- Coconut Chiffon Cake & Sour Cherry Compote
- Chili Chocolate Cupcakes & Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Croquembouche & Honey Lavender Ice Cream
- Hazelnut Cake & Chocolate Mousse (Both parve)
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Fresh Whipped Cream & Fresh Raspberries
- Angel Food Cake & Spring Berry Compote (Both parve)
- Vanilla Pound Cake & Ginger and Lemon Sherbert
- Orange Almond Cake & Chocolate Almond Truffles
- Ricotta Cake & Broiled Honey-Glazed Spiced Figs
- Lilikoi Layer Cake with Fresh Passionfruit & Ginger-Macadamia Nut Snowballs
Thinking of another great pairing? Share it in the comment section!
And you might want to take a look at these: